Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Weekend 9.9 - 9.11

Since I've gotten a "real job" I've noticed that my weekends tend to be uncommonly busy. I guess I try to pack as much into them as I can. This past weekend, I had a chance to go see Coldplay at the Verizon amphitheater in Charlotte, NC. All I can say is they rocked! It was one of the best visual presentations I've seen in a live show not to mention the music. I had tickets to sit on the lawn, but an old friend of mine from Charleston called and said she had a ticket for me to sit about 15 rows back from the stage. Sorry Nick, Heidi, Crystal, and Amber...destiny called and I had to answer! They ended the concert playing "Fix you" and "Swallowed in the Sea", my two favorite songs from their latest. What a great show...

After the show, Crystal (after subjecting herself to driving up there) graciously decided to drive back as well. I had to get up @ 5am to go play Air Force for the weekend and needed the sleep. Thanks Crystal, you rock...hard!

Saturday night I got to finish watching the Carolina/Georgia game (stupid 2-point conversions) and the Bama/S.Mississippi game. For those of you who aren't Bama fans, their wide receiver #4 (Tyrone Prothro, what a great name) is an all around athlete. Just check out the catch he made. (WMV file via al.com).

Sunday I learned something very important: When I become a dad, I pray I have boys. For the first time, I saw my niece Kathryn start crying b/c her dad got on to her about something. Oh boy, if that was my daughter I'd have the spinal cord of a wet noodle...

That was my weekend in a nutshell...next weekend I'll either be at the Bama/SC game or the Clemson/Miami game!

No comments: