Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Alabama 37, Carolina 14

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Alabama/Carolina game in Columbia with my parents. I had an absolute blast. Not only did Alabama crush Carolina (good write-up here, but I also had the best time just hanging out with my parents. That was the most fun I've had with them in a long time. Even better was the fact that so many Carolina fans left early so leaving the stadium took half the time! Go Cocks!

Other than that, I've been thinking recently about what passions and convictions God has placed in me. I seem to have the strange ability to be kinda good and a lot of different things instead of really good at 3 or 4 things. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I've often wished that I could have a great overriding passion and gift like many of the people I see around me do. In fact, I think I've spent some major portion of my life trying to find it. That being said, I know that God designed me for something, but I can't readily look at myself and the things I take interest in and say, "That's it!" My interests and gifts seem so broad and diverse that I can't fathom how that will get tailored into a specific avenue of pursuit.

That's possibly why I've been feeling a bit restless lately. I guess the thought of just picking up and moving to some distant part of the country appeals to me because...well...it looks like an adventure and an adventure is something I want to be a part of. That pursuit after God is an adventure. And so is taking a leap of faith to move somewhere totally new and rely on God to provide everything. But then again, it could be right in front of me here in the great megaopolis that is Anderson, South Carolina.

No comments: