Thursday, September 29, 2005

Back to the A-T-L

This past Tuesday I had the pleasure of attending the Oasis/Jet show at the Hi-Fi Buys amphitheater in Atlanta with my good English friend Nick. I have to say that Jet was better than I thought they would be. Straight-forward, no frilly light show, loud as all get-out ROCK. It was old-school guitar-driven party rock and Jet actually looked like they were just up there having a blast.

Oasis, on the other hand, was a stark contrast. They didn't play quite as long as I thought they would (only about an hour and 1/2) and seemed to take themselves a bit too seriously. But I suppose that's the Gallagher brothers for you. Noel had this thing going where he would just walk off stage for no apparent reason in between songs, then come back out and stand at the edge and...well...just stand there. I wasn't so much disappointed with Oasis as I was pissed off at the sloppily drunk and obnoxious band of idiots that strategically positioned themselves directly in front of Nick and I. That wasn't going to distract my enjoyment of hearing some of the older Oasis songs off of "...Morning Glory." To their credit, they did end the night with a good cover of the Who's "My Generation" in which they really cut loose and rocked out.

All said, it was a good show; I left w/ my ears ringing and that always means something good happened.

No comments: