Monday, September 26, 2005

Six Flags in the Big A-T-L

*see pictures below*

I had the pleasure of attending the fascinating world of Six Flags over Georgia this past Saturday with Kylie, Amber, Lori, and Heath. I had not previously met Lori and Heath before, but they proved to both be good sports and didn't chicken out of riding the good rides (even ones I wouldn't ride like those freefalls *shiver*). God even hooked Kylie and I up with free tickets from some generous girl as we stood in line to get in!

I must say that culturally speaking, Six Flags is an experience in the...well...it's just an experience. I was quite taken aback by the amount of scantily clad women and even CHILDREN there were. At first it really irritated me, but I reminded myself that these are the people that Jesus loves and with that being said, I should try to love them as well. Kylie and I made it a point to try to be as nice as possible to the ride attendants; I'm sure they have a pretty tough job and sometimes a simple "thank you" will do more good than anything else. With some people, even doing that won't make any difference in their day (I.E. the giant swing girl).

I was a bit disappointed that the park had to close @ 8pm. My favorite time to ride those rides is at night. But we managed to ride all the good rides at least once (and those silly little swings twice). The rides I enjoyed the most: The Giant Swing, Superman, Batman, and the ever popular Scream Machine. I had to teach Kylie and Amber that riding in the back car was by far the best way to go. Don't ask me about the whole physics of it, but for some reason, you go noticeably faster back there.

All said, it was a pretty good trip. No one puked, got robbed (although we did give some $$ to someone in need) or beaten up. You really can't ask for much more when you're in the A-T-L. Props to Lori for lending her car and driving ability to take us back and forth! And to Heath, don't get your hopes up about Miami...all good things must end!

No comments: