Monday, August 29, 2005

Helen, GA

This past weekend I was invited to go tubing in Helen, GA. Needless to say, I was surprised to find this pseudo-alpine town in northeast Georgia. I laughed hysterically at the thought...

However, I did have a great day. All eight of us tied up our tubes together so we had a long "snake" of tubers floating down the river. It all seemed like a great idea until I found myself stranded on a large rock and being subsequently flipped over onto the rock, dragged along on my back and nearly getting beheaded by the cable connecting my tube to the one behind me. I looked up and saw my companions floating off without me and wondered why I had asked we do something more "adventurous" before we began our little excursion...

As we chilled out by the river before going home, Nick, Mike and I decided we wanted to catch another float before heading back. We noticed a good many tubes coming down the river with no one on them so we just "borrowed" them for a short ride. We pondered if Jesus would have done that and concluded that he would've wanted to help the tube companies collect extra tubes...sounded plausible at least.

Anyway, the ride back was great. I had driven my Jeep up there with me and the boys, and on the way back we decided that all the single people should ride in it. By a strange twist of fate, that turned out to be me and three girls...God is good. I let one of the girls drive so I could actually enjoy the ride back, which I did. I even snapped a few bad pictures with my camera phone (look below). All in all, I had a great time and I thanked God multiple times on the way home for Jeeps, friends, and the ability to be outside on fantastic days...but next time I'm floating on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tubing rocks ... literally. What a great day!