Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Friends/Tapes

Every once in a while, I'll pull out my box of old tapes from way back. I'll dig through and pick out ones I had forgotten all about, pop them in the cassette deck, and suddenly remember why I liked it in the first place. Sometimes, I'll even keep the tape out for a while and listen to it for the next week or so. In a way, I think old friends are like that...

Thankfully, people aren't cassette tapes. Unlike the tape which hasn't changed at all since the last time I listened to it, that old friend has. They have new ideas, new experiences and new ways of looking at things...just like I now have. So while I can sit back and remember why I enjoyed their company so many years ago, there's a whole new arena of possible conversations to take part in.

No comments: