Friday, December 16, 2005

Jack and Kong

So Ryan and I saw King Kong the other night. I was actually pretty good. A bit too much of a love story (I wanted to see more of Kong destroying things..he he he) but good nonetheless. One scene stuck with me, though. No, it wasn't Kong ripping open the jaws of a T-Rex. It wasn't Kong terrorizing NYC, and it wasn't even the numerous chances one gets to stare into the eyes of Naomi Watts who, in my opinion, looks absolutely stunning in this film. No, it was a simple scene of Jack, his band of men, and a ravine. After being rescued from large insects obviously hungry for human flesh, Jack and two others climb their way out of the ravine. After they get to the top, the camera zooms out to show Jack on one side and everyone else on another. While everyone else had given up on rescuing Ann, Jack had not. Even with everyone standing on one side telling him it was over and to give up, Jack kept trudging on. Here is why this stuck:

Jack wasn't going to give up in the face of adversity be it from giant bug, T-Rex, a large Ape, or even the pressure from everyone else involved. I want to be that sort of man. I want to fight for what I believe in even if everything and everyone around me is telling me to quit.

I think this is a simplified way of how God is toward us. God is never going to give up on us. He isn't going to quit and even when circumstances and everything else in our lives tells Him to quit on us because we aren't going to turn towards Him, He never does. He keeps chasing after us, trying to rescue us from those things that will eventually destroy us. All it takes is for us to turn towards Him!

Anyway, that's what a movie about an attractive blonde woman and a monkey will get out of me...

No comments: