Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloweekend

Pagan festivals, yeah! Saturday night was spent with Gizz, Jessica and Garrison and the India Association of Greater Greenville Diwali Festival. I was convinced that I would walk into the place and see a large bronze cow with people dancing around it, but it turned out to really be nothing but a dinner party with food, music, etc. We had a great time getting to know Garrison's Indian friends that had invited us (sorry, I can't remember their names...all I can remember is how Gizz put their names together to form sashimi!) and building up a connection that, God willing, will lead to lives being changed for Christ. Good times were indeed had by all...

Sunday started a new series at Newspring for singles. I think I'm really going to enjoy it. And I tell you what, that band broke out and nastifyed that old school Georgia Satellites song, "Keep your hands to yourself." Rock on.

Last night was Halloween and to celebrate, I went to Lee's for some candy and costume fun. It only made sense that Lee was Napoleon Dynamite and that I go as simple "White Trash." Yes, I wore a white trash bag with the words "Trash" written on it. Elegant and simple yet surprisingly effective. Pictures to come soon...whenever the people with real cameras get them up!

No comments: