Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One More

So the verse for today on my own blogsite was Romans 12:10:
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Such a simple statement yet somehow ridiculously difficult to do in life. That's what is great about being a Christian: you know it's real because it continually flies in the face of what you naturally want to do yet you always have so much more peace living the way Jesus describes. God is an infinite paradox.

So how can I apply this verse? How can I really honor the people around me? How can I lift them up and not myself?
(Yet another list. *sigh* I'm such a sucker for organization and process flows)
1) Talk less about myself, ask more about someone else
2) Tell the truth...always, even when they might get hurt and even when it might make me look really bad.
3) Give of myself to people I don't even know that well
4) Tell someone the good things that I think about them and why. It is easy for us to say, "I think you are great" but I'm wondering what people will walk away feeling like if I say, "I think you're great...and here's why"

So now I've got a plan and a tasking. Now all it takes is a little action...and man I love some action.

Lost party tonight. Food, people, giant pictures of the only non-Simpsons TV show I watch with any regularity.

And oh yeah, I think you're great.

No comments: