Monday, October 24, 2005

SLOW DOWN!!!

Ok, I might need to slowdown a little here.

Thursday: 1/2 day @ work, helped set-up Newspring concert. Great concert BTW. Made me wish I had kept up my guitar playing. I remember all too well the smile I would get playing on stage with Jon and Lee in high school...

Friday: work, then straight to Mauldin for dinner celebrating Gizz's girlfriend's upcoming mission trip. She prepared some authentic food and we got to sit around and ask her questions about where she was going, etc. By far the best part was when we all laid hands on her and prayed. What a powerful thing. I'll be praying that God protect her, mostly during the mental and spiritual battle she will most likely have to endure. Anytime someone steps out to make a contribution like this to God's Kingdom, they will get attacked and it is usually not physically. That's why it is so important for me to make sure that taking on such an endeavor is what God has called me to do!

Saturday: Hiked the Raven Cliff Falls up near Ceasar's Head. Nick, Heidi, Crystal, Kylie and I did 10 miles! Those girls deserve some props for keeping up even through a 1,500ft elevation change in under 2 miles!

Saturday night: The BEST 20 MINUTES OF MY LIFE was spent at the Anderson County Fair for the Demolition Derby! I just can't understand why I've never seen on of these before. What is it about guys driving around junk cars and slamming them into each other that makes me want to run to the junk yard and buy one of my own???

Alabama won another skin-of-the-teeth win against Tennessee! Bama's kicker (Jamie Christensen) has got some large male appendages for scoring winning field goals in back to back games...both of them being in the final seconds of the 4th quarter!

Sunday: All day at Newspring!

No comments: