Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Shameless Promotion

Just added a listing of some the bands that have hung around in my CD players and computers for sometime now. Yes, now I'm opening myself up to all sorts of criticisms, etc. Say what you will Shua and Lee! This is me!

Speaking of which...I got tickets to see Sun Kil Moon (well actually, just Mark Kozelek) at the Grey Eagle in Asheville next week. Can't wait.

Also, I thought I'd mention a word about God's sense of humor. Long story short, I used to work in a music store when I lived in Charleston. Since we were allowed to borrow CD's to take home, I amassed quite a collection of MP3's from all sorts of random, no-name bands that I was so proud of. Of course, I didn't pay for any of this and there I was, a happy thief...until the harddrive that stored all those songs (about 15GBs worth) CRASHED...and I had never backed them up. So, it will now cost me the rough equivalent of actually buying all those CD's to have the information recovered off the drive...and I still won't have anything to show for except the songs themselves. No cool liner notes, no interesting graphics to look at...just the songs. How do you spell irony again?

No comments: